Thanks for your quick response.

This brings me to another question. As far as I know Nutch can take
care of crawling as well as indexing. Then why go through the hassle
of crawling through Nutch and integrating it into Solr?

Another question I have, Solr provides the search results in XML
format, any ready made tools to convert them directly to web pages for
visitors to see?