Hi

I'm now considering how to improve query results on a set of languages and
would like to hear considerations based on your experience in that.

I'm using the tokenizer HTMLStringWhitespaceTokenizerFactory with the
WordDelimiterFilterFactory, LowerCaseFilterFactory and
RemoveDuplicatesTokenFilterFactory as my default config.

I need to deal with:
    English (OK)
    Spanish
    Welsh
    Chinese Simplified
    Russian
    Arabic

For Spanish and Russian I'm using the SnowballPorterFilterFactory plus the
defaults. Should I use any specific TokenizerFactory? Which one?

For Chinese I'm going to use a TokenizerFactory that returns the
CJKTokenizer (as I read a previous discussion about it) plus the default
filters. Is it OK of the filters are inadequate?

For Welsh I'm using the defaults and would like to know if you have any
recommendation related to that.

For Arabic should I use the AraMorph Analyzer (
http://www.nongnu.org/aramorph/english/lucene.html)? What other processing
should I do to have better query results.

Does anyone have stop-words and synonyms for other languages but English?

I think this discussion can became a documentation topic with examples,
how-to's and stop-words / synonyms for each language, so it would be much
simpler for those who need to deal with non-English content. What do you
think about that?

Regards,
Daniel

http://www.bbc.co.uk/
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on
it and notify the sender immediately.