Hi Yonik, whene* does indeed work thanks.  Though the Context diff patch fails
against my 1.2 download:

patch -p0 < lowercase_prefix.patch
patching file src/java/org/apache/solr/schema/FieldType.java
Hunk #1 FAILED at 24.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 387.
src/java/org/apache/solr/schema/FieldType.java.rej
patching file src/java/org/apache/solr/schema/FieldType.java
Hunk #1 FAILED at 24.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 387.
src/java/org/apache/solr/schema/FieldType.java.rej
patching file src/java/org/apache/solr/schema/TextField.java
Hunk #1 FAILED at 18.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 52.
src/java/org/apache/solr/schema/TextField.java.rej
patching file src/java/org/apache/solr/search/SolrQueryParser.java
Hunk #1 FAILED at 23.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 89.
src/java/org/apache/solr/search/SolrQueryParser.java.rej

Should this be applied to a different version ?

Thanks
Karen