From: Yu-Hui Jin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 12:54 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: multiple solr home directories

Hi, there,

I have a few basic questions on setting up Solr home directories.

* can we set up multiple Solr home directories within the same Solr
instance?  (I want to use the same Tomcat Solr instance to support
indexing
and searching over multiple independent indexes.)

* If so, say I have some customized Solr plugins, ie., jar files, do I
have
to add them to each Solr home's lib directory? ( It feels it's a bit
redundant to add them multiple times for the same Solr instance. )

Thanks,

-Hui