Hi All.

I'm seeing a weird problem with sorting that I can't figure out.

I have a query that uses two fields -- a "source" column and a
date column.  I search on the source and I sort by the date
descending.

What I'm seeing is that depending on the value in the source,
the date sort works in reverse.

For example, the query:

content_source:(mv); content_date desc

returns 2007-09-10T09:25:00.000Z in its first row, which is what
I expect.

BUT, the query:

content_source:(thomson); content_date desc

returns 2008-08-17T00:00:00.000Z, which is the first date we
put into SOLR.

So, simply by changing the value in the field, the sort seems
to beem reversed (or ignored outright).

Now, before you ask, I did a "sanity-check" query to make sure
that there is in fact data for that source from today, and there
is.

Can anyone help shed some light on this?

TIA

DW