Hi everyone:

We are getting very frequent errors of this nature in our jetty-stdout log:

SEVERE: Error during auto-warming of key:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:java.lang.NullPointerException
       at org.apache.lucene.search.FieldSortedHitQueue.<init>(
FieldSortedHitQueue.java:60)
       at org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher.sortDocSet(
SolrIndexSearcher.java:1053)
       at org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher.getDocListC(
SolrIndexSearcher.java:671)
       at org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher.access$100(
SolrIndexSearcher.java:56)
       at org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher$2.regenerateItem(
SolrIndexSearcher.java:242)
       at org.apache.solr.search.LRUCache.warm(LRUCache.java:191)
       at org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher.warm(
SolrIndexSearcher.java:1138)
       at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore$1.call(SolrCore.java:412)
       at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:269)
       at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(
ThreadPoolExecutor.java:650)
       at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(
ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)
       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Any advice on how to track down this down?

I believe we are on SOLR 1.0 (that is what it says in build.xml). Solr
starts up with -Xms1200M -Xmx1700M

We do frequently updates and deletions, and commit every 30 minutes.

I found some references to similar issues:
http://www.nabble.com/Processor-load-tf3995401.html#a11421930

Here are the cache settings:

    <!-- Cache used by SolrIndexSearcher for filters (DocSets),
         unordered sets of *all* documents that match a query.
         When a new searcher is opened, its caches may be prepopulated
         or "autowarmed" using data from caches in the old searcher.
         autowarmCount is the number of items to prepopulate.  For LRUCache,
         the autowarmed items will be the most recently accessed items.  -->
    <filterCache
      class="solr.LRUCache"
      size="32768"
      initialSize="4096"
      autowarmCount="4096"/>

   <!-- queryResultCache caches results of searches - ordered lists of
         document ids (DocList) based on a query, a sort, and the range
         of documents requested.  -->
    <queryResultCache
      class="solr.LRUCache"
      size="32768"
      initialSize="4096"
      autowarmCount="4096"/>

  <!-- documentCache caches Lucene Document objects (the stored fields for
each document).
       Since Lucene internal document ids are transient, this cache will not
be autowarmed.  -->
  <!-- eWay - make this large to support our needs around faceted browsing
-->
    <documentCache
      class="solr.LRUCache"
      size="131072"