Hi all,
The document's we're indexing are versioned and generally we only want search results to return the latest version of a document, however there's a couple of scenarios where I'd like to be able to include previous versions in the search result.

It feels like a straight-forward case of a filter, but given that each document has independent version numbers it's hard to know what to filter on. The only solution I can think of at the moment is to index each new version twice - once with the version and once with version=latest. We'd then tweak the ID field in such a way that there is only one version of each document with version=latest. It's then simple to use a filter for version=latest when we search.

Is there a better way? Is there a way to achieve this without having to index the document twice?

Thanks in advance,

Adrian Sutton
http://www.symphonious.net