Hello everyone.

I've been reading some posts on this forum and I thought it best to start my
own post as our situation is different from evveryone elses, isn't it always
:-)

We've got a django powered website that has solr as it's search engine.

We're using the example solr application and starting the java at boot time
with

java -jar start.jar in the example directory

We've had no problem at all until this morning when I started getting an
error saying that solr was locked.

I checked the /tmp directory and in there was a file called
lucene-75248553b96c7f175a8217320c9b8471-write.lock

It's not a very busy website at all and doesn't have alot of data in it, can
someone get me started on how to make sure this doesn't happen again?

some more information

ulimit is unlimited and cat /proc/sys/fs/file-max 11769

in the /tmp directory are 18 directories all called Jetty_8983__solr and 17
of them have numbers at the end of the directory name.

Sorry I'm such a newbie at this, but any help will be greatly appreciated.