:  I have a query, when u try for bulk updates, using autoCommit option (which
: does commit on regular basis).

There is alot of complexity going on when dealing with concurrent updates
-- some of it at the Lucene level, some at the Solr level.  if you really
want to udnerstand the details, I suggest you start by reading the
Lucene-In-Action book, then once you understand the Low level Lucene
issues, then take a look at the code to see the way Solr manages it's
IndexReader and IndexWriter.

Or just take my word for it that Solr takes care of the concurrancy issues
for you.  multiple updates/commits may block, and errors external to Solr
(ie: OutOfMemory, full disk, hardware failure, power failure, rouge
processes writing to the index files, etc...) may corrupt your index or
leave stale lock files lying arround -- but Solr is going to keep it's
house in order.

-Hoss