if new data come in and drive index it, load new search it.

if more docs, optimize time will cost much, so can't do search like real
time.

so i think new solr instance only for newest information. the docs will
be ~10K.
if it arrive 10k, it should be closed and rebuild new instance.
(if we have more memory and cpu,,,just open more instance ,not one by one.)

final, we merge result and show it to user.

that all i think, not test it.

2007/9/24, Grant Ingersoll <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hi James,
>
> Can you provide more information about what you are trying to do?  By
> real time search, do you mean you want indexed documents to be
> available immediately?  Or is a minute or two acceptable?  Do all
> users need to see them immediately, or just the current user?
>
> We can better help you if you give us more details on what you are
> trying to accomplish.
>
> Thanks,
> Grant
>
> On Sep 23, 2007, at 10:38 AM, James liu wrote:
>
> > i wanna do it.
> >
> > Maybe someone did it, if so, give me some tips.
> >
> > thks
> >
> > --
> > regards
> > jl