If I understand, you want to keep the raw html code in solr like that
(in your posting xml file):

<field name="storyFullText">
</field>

I think you should encode your content to protect these xml entities:
> -> &gt;
" -> &quot;
& -> &amp;

If you use perl, have a look at HTML::Entities.

--
Jerome Eteve.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]