On 10/8/07, David Whalen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We're running SOLR 1.2 with a 2.5G heap size.  On any
> given day, the system becomes completely unresponsive.
> We can't even get /solr/admin/ to come up, much less
> any select queries.

What version of Solr are you running?
The first step to diagnose something like this is to figure out what
is going on...
Is the CPU pegged at 100% when it's unresponsive?
Have you taken a thread dump to see what is going on?
Do you get into a situation where more than one searcher is warming at
a time? (there is configuration that can prevent this one from
happening).

-Yonik