Hi Hoss,

Yes I know that, but I want to have a proper dummy backup (something that
could be kept in a very controlled environment). I thought about using this
approach (a slave just for this purpose), but if I'm using it just as a
backup node there is no reason I don't use a proper backup structure (as I
have all needed infra-structure in place for that). It's just an extra
redundancy level as I'm going to have a Master/Slaves structure and the
index is replicated amongst them anyway.

Yes, I got it. I have implemented ways to re-index stuff in an incremental
way so I can just re-index a slice of my content (based on dates or id's)
which should be enough to keep my index up-to-date quickly after a possible
disaster.

Thank you for your considerations,
Daniel

On 8/10/07 18:29, "Chris Hostetter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> : I'm setting up a backup task to keep a copy of my master index, just to
> : avoid having to re-build my index from scratch. And other important issue is
>
> every slave is a backup of the master, so you don't usually need a
> seperate backup mechanism.
>
> re-building hte index is more about peace of mind when asking "why did it
> crash?  what did/didn't get writen the index before it crashed?"
>

> -Hoss

http://www.bbc.co.uk/
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on
it and notify the sender immediately.