Normally this is the type of thing I'd just scour through the online
docs or the source code for, but I'm under the gun a bit.

Anyway, I need to update some docs in my index because my client program
wasn't accurately putting these docs in (values for one of the fields
was missing). I'm hoping I won't have to write additional code to go
through and delete each existing doc before I add the new one, and I
think setting allowDups on the add command to false will allow me to do
this. I seem to recall something in the update handler code that goes
through and deletes all but the last copy of the doc if allowDups is
false - does that sound accurate?

If so, I just need to make sure that solrj properly sets that flag,
which leads me to my next question. Does solrj default allowDups to
false? If not, what do I need to do to make sure allowDups is set to
false when I'm adding these docs?