Many thanks for your reply, Yonik.

On 10/11/07, Yonik Seeley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Caused by: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Internal Server Error
>
> Is there a longer stack trace somewhere concerning the internal server
> error?

I shouldn't have bothered you with this.  We've discovered two causes (1)
mal-formed query string, and (2) OOME.  I should have done more homework...

No, waitSearcher="true" was designed such that a client could do a
> commit, and wait for a new searcher to be registered such that a new
> query request is guaranteed to see the changes.
> waitSearcher=true/false only affects the thread calling commit... it
> has no effect on other query requests which will continue to use the
> previous searcher until the new one is registered.

Thanks for the explanation.  This is exactly what we needed to know.  Our
query threads are separate from the commit/optimize thread, so this option
would not affect operations.

In case you're curious, we use solr as the search engine for
www.stylefeeder.com.  It has served us very well so far, handling over 3000
queries/day.

Thanks,

Jason

--
Jason Rennie
Head of Machine Learning Technologies, StyleFeeder