From: Ryan McKinley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Monday, October 15, 2007 4:44 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Solr + autocomplete

I would imagine there is a library to set up an autocomplete search
with
Solr.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Scriptaculous has a
JavaScript
autocomplete library.  However, the server must return an unordered
list.

Solr does not provide an autocomplete UI, but it can return JSON that a JS library can use to populate an autocomplete.

Depending on you index size/ query speed, you may be fine with a standard faceting prefix filter. If the index is large, you may want to

index using the EdgeNGramFilterFactory.

Check the last comment in:

ryan