Just to clarify, <maxFieldLength> refers to the maximum number of *terms*
that will be indexed per field, not the character length of the field (I
wasn't clear about that in my previous post).

Unfortunately there is no way to specify an unlimited value, although if you
set it to a suitably large value, you shouldn't really have any problems
(other than running out of memory).

Piete