I'm attempting to set up multiple instances of Solr using JNDI (taken
from http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrTomcat). I created a new solr.xml
file in $CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/localhost with:

<Context docBase="/var/lib/tomcat5/solr/apache-solr-1.2.0.war" debug="0"
crossContext="true" >
   <Environment name="solr/home" type="java.lang.String"
value="/var/lib/tomcat5/solr/home" override="true" />
</Context>

The box is running tomcat 5.5.23, so the solr.war file is out of the
webapps path and the solr/home has the config folder from the examples
directory.

When I restart Tomcat, I get an error

SEVERE: Exception starting filter SolrRequestFilter class
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class
org.apache.solr.core.SolrConfig

Tomcat does create the folders in the webapps folder (and I've created
multiple context files), but every single one of them throws the same error.

Obviously I'm missing something, I just can't figure out what...any
thoughts?

TIA,
Wayne

--