I'm trying to find the right place to start in this community.

I recently posted a question in the thread on SOLR-236. In that posting I mentioned that I was hoping to persuade my management to move from a FAST installation to a SOLR-based one. The changeover was approved in principle today.

Our application is a large Rails application. I integrated Solr and created a proof-of-concept that covered almost all existing functionality and projected new functionality for 2008.

So, I have a few requests for information and possibly help.

I will need the result collapsing described in SOLR 236 to deploy Solr. It's an absolute requirement. I understand that it's to be available in Solr 1.3. Is there updated information for the timetable for Solr 1.3, and what's to be included?

I would very much also like to have SOLR 103 - SQL Upload plugin available, though I think I have a work around if it isn't in Solr 1.3.

I would be happy to offer help in any way I can - e.g. with testing.

If someone can point me to the places I need to look to find information that bears on these questions, I'm happy to go and dig.

Thanks for any help.

Tracy Flynn