Thanks a lot for your responses! They were all very helpful!

On Nov 20, 2007, at 5:52 PM, Norberto Meijome wrote:

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 16:26:27 -0600
Alexander Wallace <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Interesting, this ALL MASTERS mode... I guess you don't do any
replication then...

correct

In the single master, several slaves mode, I'm assuming the client
still writes to one and reads from the others... right?

Correct again.

There is also another approach which I think in SOLR is called FederatedSearch , where a front end queries a number of index servers (each with overlapping or non-overlapping data sets) and puts together 1 result stream for the answer. There was some discussion on the list, http://www.mail-archive.com/solr- [EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg06081.html is the earliest link in the archive i can find .

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid. "
  Soren Aabye Kierkegaard