I actually have a patch for solr config parser which allows you to use context environment variables in the solrconfig.xml
I generally use it for development when I'm working with multiple instances and different data dirs.  I'll add it to jira today if you want it.

Jörg Kiegeland wrote:
I have successfully configured two parallel  Solr webapps , however I see that all data gets stored in one folder of my Tomcat installation, namely C:\Tomcat\solr\data\index.

How can I configure that each Solr webapp shall store the data in the folders I assigned at  <Environment value="individualSolrFolder">, where already the Solr scheme etc. resides (so that it get stored at individualSolrFolder/data/index)?

Thanks

--
Patrick O'Leary

You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles.
 Do you understand this?
And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat.
  - Albert Einstein
View Patrick O Leary's LinkedIn profileView Patrick O Leary's profile