after inspecting solrconfig.xml I see that I already have enabled lazy field
<enableLazyFieldLoading>true</enableLazyFieldLoading> (I guess it was
enabled by default)

Since any query returns about 10 fields (which differ from query to query) ,
would this mean that only these 10 of about 2000-4000 fields are retrieved /
loaded?

Thanks,
Geert-Jan