I've got a couple search components for automatic spell correction that I've
been working on.

I've converted most of the SpellCheckerRequestHandler to a search component (hopefully will throw a patch out soon for this). Then another search component that will do auto correction for a query if the search returns zero results.

We're hoping to see some performance improvements out of handling this in Solr instead of our Rails service.

doug

Ryan McKinley wrote:
Yes -- this is what search components are for!

Depending on where you put it in the chain, it could only return spell checked results if there are too few results (or the top score is below some threshold)

ryan

Grant Ingersoll wrote:
Is it feasible to submit a query to any of the various handlers and have it bring back results and spelling suggestions all in one response? Is this something the query components piece would handle, assuming one exists for the spell checker?

Thanks,
Grant