On Jan 22, 2008 4:10 PM, Owens, Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We've got some memory constraint worries from using Java RMI, although I can
> see this problem could effect the xml requests too. The Java code doesn't
> seem to handle large files as streams.

It depends on what component we are talking about.
The CSV loader does handle things as a stream.
The XML update handler should also handle things as a stream (single
documents will be loaded into memory at a time).

If you are talking about a single very large document, you are
right... there is no way to stream this currently since the XML (and
CSV) parsers can't give us Readers to various fields.  We perhaps
could in the future provide a field type that pulled it's actual value
from a URL.

-Yonik