Thanks Yonik,

I was looking at the discussion of SOLR-281. If I understand correctly, the task would be to write my own search component class, SpanQueryComponent that extends the SearchComponent class, then overwriting the declaration of the "query searchComponent" in solrconfig.xml:
<searchComponent name="query" class="my.package.SpanQueryComponent" />
Then, I will be able to use directly my own query syntax and query component ? Is it correct ?

Regards.

Yonik Seeley wrote:
Solr 1.3 will have query parser plugins... so you could write your own
parser that utilized span queries.
-Yonik