From: Chris Hostetter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2008 2:05 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: strange updating inconsistency

: odd behavior while updating. The use case is that a document gets indexed
: with a status, in this case it's -1 for documents that aren't ready to be
: searched yet and 1 otherwise. Initial indexing works perfectly, and
getting
: a result set of documents with the status of -1 works as well.
: Where things get messy is the update post after a document has been deemed
: ready for searching. The unique ID in my index is a long called clipId.
: Below are two documents that I've posted multiple times to my index. The
: first one updates the index, the second does not. Is there something I'm
: missing about?

I'm confused: the sentences above suggest that you aren't seeing updates
when you try to index a document with the same uniqueKey value as a
previous documnet (because some fields have changed) ... yet in the two
example docs you listed the "clipId" value is differnet (they seem to be
completley differnet docs)

what part of your question am i not understanding?

general suggestions: have you double checed that no interesting error
messages are getting logged after hte updates that don't seem to work?

what does hte response (HTTP status code and body) look like for the
updates?

-Hoss