On Mar 25, 2008, at 6:31 PM, Chris Harris wrote:

working pretty well, but my testers have
discovered something they find borderline unacceptable. If they search
for

   "stock market"

(with quotes), then Solr correctly returns only documents where
"stock" and "market" appear as adjacent words. Two problems though:
First, Solr is willing to pick snippets where only one of the terms
appears, e.g.

   ...and changes in the <b>market</b> regulation environment...

I recently asked about the same thing. There's a patch in lucene (not in trunk yet) to support this.

It would take some amount of work to get it in solr, but I haven't investigated yet.

-b