Here's a blog on the topic of creating cores on particular nodes.
http://heliosearch.org/solrcloud-assigning-nodes-machines/

Himanshu:
What you wrote works perfectly well. FYW, this can also be done
with the Collections API. The Collections API is evolving
though, so what commands are available depends on the
version of Solr you're using.

Best,
Erick