From the Solr 4.1 release notes:

* Solr QParsers may now be directly invoked in the lucene query syntax
 via localParams and without the _query_ magic field hack.
 Example: foo AND {!term f=myfield v=$qq}

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message----- From: Jack Krupansky
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2014 12:14 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Complement of {!join}

I think this is the Jira that implemented that feature:
SOLR-4093 - localParams syntax for standard query parser

Yeah, I don't think this is fully documented anywhere, other than the Jira
and the patch itself.

I think I had finished my query parser doc in my e-book before 4.1 came out.
This was the point where the "divorce" between the Lucene and Solr query
parsers took place, because the feature needed to be added to the query
parser grammar, but the Lucene guys objected to this "Solr feature."

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message----- From: Alexandre Rafalovitch