Make sure your per-node Solr index data for DSE fits completely in the OS system memory that is available for file system caching (just like we try to do for OSS Solr!), and limit each node to about 50 million documents or so. Anything bigger than a 32GB memory node is probably a waste for a DSE Solr node. A 16GB machine for each DSE Solr node is probably okay, but then you may have to stay somewhat under that 50 million doc number for each node. Proper provisioning of the cluster with enough nodes and enough memory per node and not too many documents per node is essential.

But... none of that has anything to do with your subject question of "data importer", so... what is the real question here?

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message----- From: Shuai Zhang
Sent: Sunday, July 13, 2014 11:06 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Is there any data importer for cassandra in solr?

Hi Alexandre and Jack,

Thanks for your advices. But I still cannot find a better solution for my requirement.

For now, our Cassandra has very huge data, and solr cluster's indices has more than 120GB, it must be a very slow process when I rebuild all the indices with netflix api to fetch all the data from Cassandra(This process will cost more than 5 months!!! Tooooo slow!!!).

I guess this way maybe not the best way, so I hope I can find another better way to solve it.

--
Gabriel Zhang