From: Erick Erickson [mailto:erickerick...@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, July 19, 2014 4:40 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: text search problem

Try adding &debug=all to the query and see what the parsed form of the query
is, likely you're
1> using phrase queries, so "broadway hotel" requires both words in the
1> text
or
2> if you're not using phrases, you're searching for the AND of the two
terms.

But debug=all will show you.

Plus, take a look at the admin/analysis page, your tokenization may not be what
you expect.

Best,
Erick

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 2:00 PM, EXTERNAL Taminidi Ravi (ETI,
Automotive-Service-Solutions) <external.ravi.tamin...@us.bosch.com> wrote:

> Hi,  Below is the text_general field type when I search Text:Boradway
> it is not returning all the records, it returning only few records.
> But when I search for Text:*Broadway*, it is getting more records.
> When I get into multiple words ln search like "Broadway Hotel", it may
> not get "Broadway" , "Hotel"  &  "Broadway Hotel". DO you have any
> thought how to handle these type of keyword search.
>
> Text:"Broadway,Vehicle Detailing,Water Systems,Vehicle Detailing,Car
> Wash Water Recovery"
>
> My Field type look like this.
>
> <fieldType name="text_general" class="solr.TextField"
> positionIncrementGap="100">
>       <analyzer type="index">
>          <charFilter class="solr.HTMLStripCharFilterFactory" />
>       <tokenizer class="solr.WhitespaceTokenizerFactory"/>
>         <filter class="solr.StopFilterFactory" ignoreCase="true"
> words="stopwords.txt" />
>               <filter class="solr.KStemFilterFactory"/>
>               <filter class="solr.LowerCaseFilterFactory"/>
>               <filter class="solr.WordDelimiterFilterFactory"
> generateWordParts="0" generateNumberParts="0" splitOnCaseChange="0"
> splitOnNumerics="0" stemEnglishPossessive="0" catenateWords="1"
> catenateNumbers="1" catenateAll="1" preserveOriginal="0"/>
>
>               <!-- in this example, we will only use synonyms at query time
>         <filter class="solr.SynonymFilterFactory"
> synonyms="index_synonyms.txt" ignoreCase="true" expand="false"/>
>         -->
>
>       </analyzer>
>       <analyzer type="query">
>          <charFilter class="solr.HTMLStripCharFilterFactory" />
>      <tokenizer class="solr.WhitespaceTokenizerFactory"/>
>               <filter class="solr.KStemFilterFactory"/>
>         <filter class="solr.StopFilterFactory" ignoreCase="true"
> words="stopwords.txt" />
>         <filter class="solr.SynonymFilterFactory" synonyms="synonyms.txt"
> ignoreCase="true" expand="true"/>
>         <filter class="solr.LowerCaseFilterFactory"/>
>               <filter class="solr.WordDelimiterFilterFactory"
> generateWordParts="0" generateNumberParts="0" splitOnCaseChange="0"
> splitOnNumerics="0" stemEnglishPossessive="0" catenateWords="1"
> catenateNumbers="1" catenateAll="1" preserveOriginal="0"/>
>
>          </analyzer>
>     </fieldType>
>

> Do you have any thought the behavior or how to get this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Ravi

  • text search pro... EXTERNAL Taminidi Ravi (ETI, Automotive-Service-Solutions)
    • Re: text s... Erick Erickson
      • RE: te... EXTERNAL Taminidi Ravi (ETI, Automotive-Service-Solutions)