Query parentFilterQuery = new TermQuery(new Term("document_type",
            "parent"));

            int[] childToParentDocMapping = new int[searcher.maxDoc()];
            DocSet allParentDocSet = searcher.getDocSet(parentFilterQuery);
            DocIterator iter = allParentDocSet.iterator();
            int child = 0;
            while (iter.hasNext()) {
                int parent = iter.nextDoc();
                while (child <= parent) {
                    childToParentDocMapping[child] = parent;
                    child++;
                }
            }

--