On 24/07/2014 01:54, Alexandre Rafalovitch wrote:
On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 2:44 AM, Jack Krupansky <j...@basetechnology.com> wrote:
All the great Solr guys I know are quite busy.

Sounds like an opportunity for somebody to put together a training
hacker camp, similar to https://hackerbeach.org/ . Cross-train
consultants in Solr, immediately increase their value.  Do it
somewhere on the beach or in the mountains, etc. If somebody organizes
it, I would probably even be interested to teaching the first (newbie)
part.

And the graduation project would a be a solr-consutants.com website to
make it easier to find those same consultants later. :-)

Regards,
    Alex.
P.s. Last issue of my newsletter had "Solr big ideas". The one above
was not in it, but it is - I believe - also viable. Contact me if it
catches your fancy for more detailed brainstorming and notes sharing.

We're definitely interested in the idea of 'growing' more Solr consultants, and eventually committers. Beaches and mountains are good too :) I think the skill shortage is a huge problem for the open source search world.

Charlie

Personal: http://www.outerthoughts.com/ and @arafalov
Solr resources and newsletter: http://www.solr-start.com/ and @solrstart
Solr popularizers community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=6713853