Hello all,

Thank you for your suggestions. With the autoCommit (every 10 mins) and
softCommit (every 10 secs) frequencies reduced things work much better now.
The CPU usages has gone down considerably too (by about 60%) and the
read/write throughput is showing considerable improvements too.

There are a certain shards that are giving poor response times - these have
over 10M listings - I guess this is due to the fact that these are starving
for RAM? Would it help if I split these up in smaller shards, but with the
existing set of hardware? (I cannot allocate more machines to the cloud as
yet)

Thanks,
Anand