Hi,

We have SolrCloud cluster (5 shards and 2 replicas) on 10 boxes. We have three
collections. We recently upgraded from 4.4.0 from 4.8. We have ~850 mil
documents.

We are facing an issue where refreshing a Solr query may give different results
(number of documents returned). This issue is seen in all three collections.

We found that Solr admin would report Solr instance states as not “current”.
Is it indicative of the above issue?

We checked logs and found various errors/warnings, but they don’t seem to be
indicative of the above issue (or if they are – it’s not yet clear/obvious or
maybe indirectly related). The error message is like this:
8/27/2014 2:01:24 AM    ERROR   SolrCmdDistributor
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrServer$RemoteSolrException: Error
opening new searcher. exceeded limit of maxWarmingSearchers=2, try again later.

This is our autocommit setting.

<autoCommit>
       <maxTime>15000</maxTime>
       <maxDocs>100000</maxDocs>
       <openSearcher>false</openSearcher>
     </autoCommit>
     <autoSoftCommit>
       <maxTime>300000</maxTime>
</autoSoftCommit>
The searcher takes less than 1.5 minutes and the soft commit setting is set for
every 5 minutes. So there is no way to end up with more than two searchers.

The searcher registeredAttime and openedAttime are sometimes 12-13 hours old
and we end up bouncing could.

Any help to solve this issue is appreciated.