Thx Alex for your answer.

1) This could be tricky, because the application users write very complex
combined queries with main document fields and event fields too. A custom
parser does the abstraction. I think that could be very tricky to extract
event part of a complex query in order to filter on children events.

2) I did not thought about this solution ! Thanks, I will check the
feasibility.

3) You are right. I think that denormalizing will have too much impact on
performances during document updates and on the index size too.

4) You are right. Not an option here.

I have a 5th proposal :

What do you think about developing a new SpanQuery class that allows "cross
field" queries ?

Ludovic

-----
Jouve