Hi,

  Just wanted to understand if it's possible to limit a searchable field
only to specific documents during query time. Following are my searchable
fields.

<str name="qf">text^0.5 title^10.0 country^1.0</str>

What I want is to make country a searchable field only for documents which
contain "author:Robert". For remaining documents, "country" should not be
considered as a searchable field, only text and title will come into play.
So If I search for "usa", it should bring result from documents where
author=Robert (by matching country field), but not for remaining authors
even if they've a country field with value "usa".

I don't how it can be done during query time or if it's possible at all
through some function queries. The other option is to add the country value
as part of title or text for documents containing Author:Robert during
index time. But I would like to know if its possible during query time.

Appreciate your feedback.

-Thanks,
Shamik