Hi,

raw query parser or term query parser would be handy.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Other+Parsers#OtherParsers-TermQueryParser

Ahmet

On Thursday, October 2, 2014 12:32 AM, tedsolr <tsm...@sciquest.com> wrote:
I am trying to do SQL like aggregation (GROUP BY) with solr faceting. So I
use string fields for faceting - to try to get an exact match. However, it
seems like to run a facet query I have to surround the value with double
quotes. That poses issues when the field value is

green "bath" towels

-or-

red \cars

Those two special characters must be transformed somehow on indexing so I
can create the query:
(java)
String fg = fieldName + ":\"" + fieldValue + "\"";
query.addFacetField(fq);

Is there a way to request an exact match search without having to resort to
the quotes? I could possibly convert spaces to underscores at index time,
but I'd like to avoid munging that data because I'm using the string field
for display too! That saves time/searches when aggregating against 10 - 15
fields which takes a whole lot of facet searches to begin with.

Using Solr 4.9