From: Bob Laferriere [mailto:spongeb...@icloud.com]
Sent: Friday, October 03, 2014 11:44 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Boosting Top selling items

Thanks Ravi. Do you tag the product as TOP as a binary flag? My marketing team
wants to use the number of orders but that screws up the relevance horribly. My
thought is to tag a product with a product attribute (as you suggest) and tag
it as TOP selling. Then I have pure relevance, but can give a small boost to
TOP products.

Do you determine when they are searching for a product? Otherwise, if I search
for a part and you boost products that would be frustrating to a user.

Thanks for the discussion.

-Bob