On 10/13/2014 11:43 AM, nabil Kouici wrote:
> Thank you for this replay. I don't understand why solr load my shard in
> physical memory before becoming available. Is it related to LRU cache
> management?

Just like with the optimize, this also sounds like something that Solr
would never do.  If you have free memory, then the operating system will
automatically cache any data that gets read from the disk, but nothing
in Solr will pre-load the entire index into memory.  The automatic
caching is how ALL modern operating systems work, because using extra
memory for disk cache can make a computer run many times faster.

If you are seeing these things happen, then it is something in your
setup that's doing it, not Solr itself.

Look over everything on this wiki page.  I linked to it before, but it
was to a specific section near the end of the page.  The rest of the
page has good information on performance problems:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrPerformanceProblems

Thanks,
Shawn