I have an existing application using raw lucene that does some entity
extraction on a raw query and mixes in some other params to augment or
replace pieces of a large boolean query that it then constructs, which is a
mix of term queries, range queries, and recursiveprefixtree queries.

I'm now switching (or at least trying to switch) to solr for the ease of nrt
indexing and the operational benefits, but am worried about how to do this
query processing.

I could put it in as a plugin, which seems painful,  especially as I have
several different tokenizers and in general just a lot of code and
configuration that I would have to shoehorn into solr. Not the least of my
fears there may seem trivial but just consists of how I would mix together
all of the params coming from the client.

Anyway, I was hoping that I could somehow use solrj to send the lucene query
straight through. This does not appear possible, and the last posts on this
board regarding this issue are several years old. Is there in general no
good way of serializing/deserializing lucene queries from solrj through to
solr?

Is my best option to go down the plugin route?