From: Chris Hostetter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, April 18, 2008 4:44 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to troubleshoot this HTTP ERROR: 500 (NULL) error?

: java.lang.NullPointerException
:
:       at
:
org.apache.solr.search.SolrQueryParser.getFieldQuery(SolrQueryParser.java:73
: )

I'm guessing this is one of the following issues...

...both have been changed in the trunk to provide better error messages,
but you can fix the root cause yourself (which you check your query/schema
to figure out which problem it is)

-Hoss