hymmm -- "default" should be removed and should not do anything.

The intended behavior is that /solr/select?q=*:* should be 404, you would need to call
 /solr/core0/select or /solr/core1/select to get anything.

So yes, this is a bug. I'll remove the old "default=true" bit and file a bug to make sure we fix before 1.3

thanks
ryan