On 10/30/2014 1:27 PM, Craig Hoffman wrote:
> Thanks! One more question. WGET seems to choking on a my URL in particular
> the # and the & character . What’s the best method escaping?
>
> http://<My Host>
> :8983/solr/#/articles/dataimport//dataimport?command=full-import&clean=true&optimize=true

Putting the URL in quotes would work ... but if you are calling a Solr
URL with /#/ in it, you're doing it wrong.

URLs with /#/ in them are specifically for the admin UI.  They only work
properly in a browser, where javascript and AJAX are available.  They
will NOT work like you expect with wget, even if you get the URL escaped
properly.

See the cron example that Ramzi Alqrainy gave you for the proper way of
requesting a full-import.

Thanks,
Shawn