Hi Ahmet,
When I add the RunUpdateProcessorFactory Solr didn't remove any duplications.
Any other idea?

-----Original Message-----
From: Ahmet Arslan [mailto:iori...@yahoo.com.INVALID]
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2014 1:35 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Ignoring Duplicates in Multivalue Field

Hi Tomer,

What happens when you add   <processor class="solr.RunUpdateProcessorFactory"
/> to your chain?

Ahmet

On Sunday, November 2, 2014 1:22 PM, Tomer Levi <tomer.l...@nice.com> wrote:

Hi,
I’m trying to make my “update” request handler ignore multivalue duplications
in updates.
To make my use case clear, let’s assume my index already contains a document
like:
{
   id:”100”,
 “myMultValueField”: [“1”,”2”,”3”]
}

Later I would like to send an update like:
{
   id:”100”,”
   myMultValueField” {“add”:”2”}
}

How can I make the update request handler understand that “2” already exist and
ignore it?
I tried to add update chain below but it didn’t work for me.

<updateRequestProcessorChain name="uniq-fields">
                   <processor class="solr.UniqFieldsUpdateProcessorFactory">
                                <str name="fieldRegex"> myMultValueField </str>
                  </processor>
   </updateRequestProcessorChain>

And add it to my requestHandler:
<requestHandler name="/update" class="solr.UpdateRequestHandler">
           <lst name="defaults">
             <str name="update.chain">uniq-fields</str>
           </lst>
    </requestHandler>

Tomer Levi
Software Engineer