I am writing a search bar application with Solr which I'd like to have the
following two features:

phrase matching for user queries - results which match user phrase are
boosted.

Field faceting based on 'tags' field.

When I execute this query:

q=steve jobs&
fq=storeid:527bd613e4b0564cc755460a&
sort=score desc&
start=50&
rows=2&
fl=*,score&
qt=/query&
defType=edismax&
pf=concept_name^15 note_text^5 file_text^2.5&
pf3=1&
pf2=1&
ps=1&
group=true&
group.field=conceptid&
group.limit=10&
group.ngroups=true

The phrase boosting feature operates correctly and boosts results which
closer match the phrase query "Steve Jobs".  As an example, the concept
with concept_name="Steve Jobs" has a score of ~3.96 in the results of this
query.

However, when I execute the query after the user has selected a facet field
(The facet fields are bought up from a seperate query) and execute the
following query:

q=steve jobs&
fq=storeid:527bd613e4b0564cc755460a&
fq=tag:Person&
sort=score desc&
start=0&
rows=50&
fl=*,score&
qt=/query&
defType=edismax&
pf=concept_name^15 note_text^5 file_text^2.5&
pf3=1&
pf2=1&
ps=1&
group=true&
group.field=conceptid&
group.limit=10&
group.ngroups=true

The phrase boosting does not work, even though the facet filtering does.
The concept with concept_name="Steve Jobs" has a score of ~0.2 in the
results of this query.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but if it is not can someone point me to the
relevant documentation that will help me fix this issue? All queries were
written using the SolrJ Library.  I also tried searching the string "Steve
Jobs" and it returned the correct results (The with concept_name "Steve
Jobs" was returned highest)