Got it. Thank you Shawn.
RegardsRaj

     On Wednesday, November 5, 2014 10:39 PM, Shawn Heisey
<apa...@elyograg.org> wrote:

 On 11/5/2014 5:04 PM, kuttan palliyalil wrote:
> I am trying to apply the security patch(Solr-4470.patch) on solr 4.10.1 tag.
> SOLR-4470.patch 14/Mar/14 16:15278 kB
>
> Getting error with the hunk failure. Could any one confirm if this the right
> patch for 4.10.1.

The latest patch is almost 8 months old.  The pace of change in the
Lucene/Solr codebase is extremely fast, so this is VERY outdated.

That patch will successfully apply to trunk revision 1577540, but you
won't be able to use "svn up" to bring the code up to date.

The patch will not apply successfully to any up-to-date branch or tag.
It's very likely that you will need to examine any patch hunks that
don't apply, and make the changes manually.  There is no automated way
to handle this.

Thanks,
Shawn