Thanks for the reply. I've considered DataStax, but dropped it first due to
the commercial model they're using and second due to the integration model
they have chosen to integrate with Cassandra. In their docs (can be found
here:
http://www.datastax.com/docs/datastax_enterprise3.1/solutions/dse_search_load_data),
they do not disclose the architecture and details of their integration
solution, yet the examination of the Solr configuration and handlers from
their distribution package has revealed that they essentially let the docs
rest both in Solr index and Cassandra storage. To safely propagating
documents on  each Solr index update to Casssandra they use their own
update handler + custom update log.
In my opinion, this is not very efficient, because it doubles docs storage
and leaves Solr index as heavy as it is currently. My approach completely
relays stored fields storage to NoSQL database, using user-defined key
unique key. This gives the users quickly do partial updates of stored but
non-indexed non-indexed fields and greatly reduces time required to
replication in case of heavy write/load.