There is a binary type

-Mike

On 11/14/2014 12:21 PM, Anurag Sharma wrote:
bq: We routinely store images and pdfs in Solr. There *is* a benefit, since
you don't need to manage another storage system, you don't have to worry
about Solr getting out of sync with the other system, you can use Solr
replication for all your assets, etc.

Do the same holds good for large Blobs like image, audio, video as well?
Tika supports multiple file formats (http://tika.apache.org/1.5/formats.html)
but not sure how good is the Solr/Tika combination. Storing pdf and other
docs could be useful in Solr, tika can extract metadata from the docs and
make them discoverable.

Considering all the above cases there should also be a support for File
field type in Solr like other types Date, Float, Int, Long, String etc. but
looks like there are only two file types (
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/trunk/solr/core/src/java/org/apache/solr/schema/)
and both re external file storage.

    - ExternalFileField.java

<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/trunk/solr/core/src/java/org/apache/solr/schema/ExternalFileField.java>
    - ExternalFileFieldReloader.java

<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/trunk/solr/core/src/java/org/apache/solr/schema/ExternalFileFieldReloader.java>

What type can be used in schema when storing the files internally?