Dear Erick,

Forgive my ignorance.

Please find some of the details you required.

*have you looked at the solr logs?*

 > Sorry I haven't defined the log4j.properties file, so I don't have solr
logs. Since it requires tomcat restart I am planning to do it in next
restart.

But found the following in tomcat log

18-Nov-2014 11:27:29.028 WARNING [localhost-startStop-2]
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.clearReferencesThreads The web
application [/mima] appears to have started a thread named
[localhost-startStop-1-SendThread(10.236.149.28:2181)] but has failed to
stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak. Stack trace of thread:
 sun.nio.ch.EPollArrayWrapper.epollWait(Native Method)
 sun.nio.ch.EPollArrayWrapper.poll(EPollArrayWrapper.java:269)
 sun.nio.ch.EPollSelectorImpl.doSelect(EPollSelectorImpl.java:79)
 sun.nio.ch.SelectorImpl.lockAndDoSelect(SelectorImpl.java:87)
 sun.nio.ch.SelectorImpl.select(SelectorImpl.java:98)

org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doTransport(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:349)
 org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1081)

*How big are the cores?*

> We have 16 cores, out of it only 5 are big ones. Total size of all 16
cores is 10+ GB

*How many docs in the cores when the problem happens?*

1 core with 163 fields and 33,00,000 documents (Index size 2+ GB)
 4 cores with 3 fields and has 150,00,000 (approx) documents (1.2 to 1.5 GB)
remaining cores are 1,00,000 to 40,00,000 documents

*How much memory are you allocating the JVM? *

5GB for JVM, Total RAM available in the systems is 30 GB

*can you restart Tomcat without a problem?*

This problem is occurring in production, I never tried.

Thanks,
Doss.